While we all try to adjust to this “new normal,” M Booth’s Fluent team is sharing a few updates on the state of influence, and why we feel confident about its future. Even during the most uncertain times, we are seeing that influencers are uniquely poised to capture consumer’s attention authentically: from where to shop online, great pantry meals at home, entertaining the kids, home workouts and much much more.
digital use is surging.
- Facebook said coronavirus is pushing usage through the roof, as total messaging has increased by 50 percent.
- On the influencer front, influencer networks are seeing a rise in activity too. An influencer network called Obviously has seen a 76 percent increase in daily accumulated likes on Instagram #ad posts.
- Currently, overall ad spend on Facebook and Instagram is likely to reach more users for the same price as there is less competition for ad units. Brands have an opportunity to step in and capture a larger portion of the market share while gaining brand affinity.
now more than ever consumers are seeking content, comfort, and creativity.
Now more than ever, followers are turning to social for content, comfort, and creativity. Influencers have built loyal audiences through constant two-way communication, soliciting their followers’ feedback, and using it to fuel their next creative output. By shifting messaging to what’s appropriate, influencers can still help our brands educate, entertain, and inspire. Content should feel natural and not forced, add value but not sell, and so on. Each partnership and piece of content created should be checked for nuances individually.
brands are activating.
Here are some of our favorite M Booth influencer examples:
- Heluva Good! Dips partnered with ambassador @EverythingErica for an IG Live flavor taste test along with a step by step recipe demo for homemade chips. Knowing that consumers are at home looking for ways to get creative in the kitchen and fun ways to use the ingredients and food items they have on hand, the HvG team used National Chip and Dip day as a moment to enter the conversation that made sense for the brand.
- Evolution Fresh shifted influencer content from driving in-store to enjoying at home.
And others that we’ve seen from brands and creators:
- P&G #DistanceDance: P&G created a concept called #DistanceDance with Charli D’Amelio, a well-known TikTok creator, to encourage people to practice the smart behavior of physical distancing to help slow the spread of COVID-19. You can see Charli’s #DistanceDance here. As part of the campaign, for the first 3 million videos, a donation will be made to Feeding America and Matthew 25 to help families in need. Jason Derulo, Allison Holker Boss, Jalaiah Harmonand Brutus Buckeye have gotten in on the #DistanceDance and in the first three days there’s been more than 850M video views and counting!
- Live DJ sets: Macro level DJs like Diplo to mid-tier tastemakers like Ty Sunderland & Sofi Tukker are spinning live sets/shows on Instagram Live, even teaming up with other DJs around the world to host virtual happy hours and collab opportunities with followers.
- Get Ready With Me(s): Creators are posting #GetReadyWithMe makeup/skincare tutorials on Instagram Live to keep positive routines part of the online conversation as folks are quarantining.
authentic, helpful, and thoughtful messaging reigns supreme.
Continuing to work with brand ambassadors will help brands activate with agility as partners have existing background, brand context, products, etc. When working with new influencers, be flexible and listen to influencer ideas to seamlessly add to what they are already doing.
If you need any counsel, we are here for you. Simply email the Fluent team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director, Digital Strategy